This Mushroom Sauté is a quick and easy enough for a weeknight, yet elegant enough for a holiday side dish.
- 1 pound sliced baby bella mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee (or use olive oil to make this vegan)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 sprig of rosemary, roughly chopped
- Melt the butter in a large 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and salt, and stir until the mushrooms absorb the butter.
- Sauté until the mushrooms cook down and all of the liquid they produce is mostly evaporated, about 10 minutes, stirring only occasionally.
- Add the red wine, and cook until it cooks off and evaporates, another 5 minutes.
- Toss the mushrooms with the rosemary. Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 3.25g
- Sodium: 355.75mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Protein: 4g