Nobody will miss the meat with this healthy and easy Vegetable Lasagna recipe!
Oh, vegetable lasagna. You have my heart.
If eating lasagna is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
This is an easy recipe for vegetable lasagna that will make your heart sing. It’s not quite as easy as this Skillet Spinach Lasagna, but still easy. I use these whole wheat no-boil noodles which takes away one extra step and makes all the difference on the easy scale.
The vegetables I use for my vegetable lasagna are onion, red bell peppers, and zucchini. You can absolutely sub those out for whatever you like or have on hand. That part of this recipe is totally customizable. I think spinach is great here, and I know some people like eggplant in their vegetable lasagna. (<—not me!)
Every time I post something like this I get the inevitable “that’s not healthy” response. Haters always gonna hate. I guess that’s what I get for putting “healthy” in my blog name.
Here’s the deal. I’m not going to justify why I consider this a healthy meal, even though I do. (Helllllo, it’s got vegetables!) What’s healthy is to eat and enjoy food you love, in moderation. And I LOVE lasagna. If you love lasagna, too, give this Vegetable Lasagna a try! I think you’ll be surprised at how great lasagna is without the meat.
If you do, I’d love to hear what you think. Recipe ratings also help other readers decide if the recipe is legit, so if you try this, I’d love you forever if you give it a rating. Thanks, friends!
How to Make Easy Vegetable LasagnaPrint
Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
This Vegetable Lasagna is made with vegetables, cheese, and no-boil noodles to make it an easy family dinner! It’s easy to use whatever vegetables you have on hand for this vegetarian lasagna.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 onion, small diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise and then sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (~2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles, preferably whole grain
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and red pepper and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper and sauté another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the 2 eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the ricotta cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish, add enough of the marinara sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add the rest of the marinara sauce to the vegetable mixture.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce in the pan.
- Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the first layer of noodles.
- Add 1/3 of the vegetable mixture on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Add 1/3 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Add another layer of 4 noodles and repeat this process until you have 3 layers, with the top layer being the vegetables and cheese.
- Cook, pan covered with foil, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking until the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 20 more minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes for the lasagna to set. Enjoy!
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 6.8 grams
- Fat: 12.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 44.2 grams
- Protein: 27.7 grams
Keywords: vegetable lasagna
If you make this Vegetable Lasagna recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!
Please note that links to products are affiliate links! 🙂