This Vegetable Lasagna is made with vegetables, cheese, and no-boil noodles to make it an easy family dinner! It’s easy to use whatever vegetables you have on hand for this vegetarian lasagna.
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 onion, small diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 zucchini, cut in quarters lengthwise and then sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (25 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (~2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles, preferably whole grain
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and red pepper and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper and sauté another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, add the 2 eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the ricotta cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a 9 X 13 inch casserole dish, add enough of the marinara sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add the rest of the marinara sauce to the vegetable mixture.
- Layer 4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce in the pan.
- Add 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on top of the first layer of noodles.
- Add 1/3 of the vegetable mixture on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Add 1/3 of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Add another layer of 4 noodles and repeat this process until you have 3 layers, with the top layer being the vegetables and cheese.
- Cook, pan covered with foil, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking until the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 20 more minutes.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes for the lasagna to set. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 6.8 grams
- Fat: 12.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 44.2 grams
- Protein: 27.7 grams
Keywords: vegetable lasagna