Instant Pot Jerk Chicken is full of flavor and super easy to make in the pressure cooker! Make sure to check out my collection of healthy Instant Pot recipes also.
This recipe for Instant Pot Jerk Chicken combines two of my favorite things: jerk flavoring and using the Instant Pot for dinner.
I first fell in love with Jamaican Jerk Chicken during our Jamaican vacation back in 2011. It’s pretty insane that it took me this long to consider making something similar at home.
Even though the jerk chicken I enjoyed in Jamaica was made on the grill, the Instant Pot delivers an authentic-tasting finished dish that doesn’t disappoint.
For the most authentic flavor (read: spicy), don’t de-vein and leave a few seeds in the peppers. If you have a spice-sensitive family, however, de-vein and de-seed the peppers and your jerk chicken will be milder. It’s good with or without the spice! I do prefer a little kick, though.
I like to put the chicken pieces under the broiler after they cook in the Instant Pot to add some nice brown color, but this is optional.
How to Make Instant Pot Jerk ChickenPrint
Instant Pot Jerk Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- 4 pounds chicken, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 3 small hot chili peppers, de-veined and de-seeded, if you prefer
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a food processor or blender and process until liquified.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and top with sauce. Stir and close Instant Pot. Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release when pressure cooking time has elapsed.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and spread over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Drizzle sauce over the chicken.
- Serve as is, or for a golden browned finish, set broiler to high and broil for 6-10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is nicely browned
- Serve and enjoy!
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 6.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 grams
- Protein: 52.1 grams
Keywords: Instant Pot Jerk Chicken
Check out all of my Instant Pot recipes here.
If you love my recipes and want inspiration for living a happy and healthy life, I would LOVE to keep in touch! Follow Happy Healthy Mama! Find me on:
If you make this Shaved Vegetable Salad recipe, or any Happy Healthy Mama recipe, I would LOVE to see it! Please take a pic and share it on Instagram or the Happy Healthy Mama Facebook page and tag me @happyhealthymama ?
Also, if you try it, would you mind rating the recipe with stars when you leave a comment? It’s VERY helpful for me and other readers if the recipes have ratings and reviews. I appreciate you!
If you’d like to save this recipe for later, here’s an image for your Pinterest recipe board!