- 4 pounds chicken, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 3 small hot chili peppers, de-veined and de-seeded, if you prefer
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a food processor or blender and process until liquified.
- Add chicken to the Instant Pot and top with sauce. Stir and close Instant Pot. Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 12 minutes.
- Do a quick release when pressure cooking time has elapsed.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot and spread over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Drizzle sauce over the chicken.
- Serve as is, or for a golden browned finish, set broiler to high and broil for 6-10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is nicely browned
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- Calories: 370
- Sugar: 2.2 grams
- Fat: 6.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 grams
- Protein: 52.1 grams
Keywords: Instant Pot Jerk Chicken