I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed their time celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. While I took a few days off from blogging to focus on the celebration and time with my family, I wanted to give you a recap of our favorite recipes that I posted on Happy Healthy Mama in 2010. Even though I haven’t been food blogging for a full year yet and I have only been consistently posting recipes for about 6 months, it was difficult to choose favorites! It was fun to look back and remember all the recipes we’ve tried in 2010 and reflect on the food journey I’ve been on. Like any family, we don’t agree on the favorites, so here is the top 5 of each family member.
Maryea’s Top 5 Recipes of 2010
5. Roasted Chickpeas, Cauliflower, and Tomatoes with Herbed Couscous-Such a simple dinner, yet so flavorful. The super sweet yellow grape tomatoes are really the key ingredient.
4. Grillled Italian Panini-Some of my favorite flavors on a hot sandwich. Yum!
3. Tahini Lemon Rice and Beans-Rice and beans are not just for poor folk! Tahini+lemon=magic.
2. No Sugar Apple Dip-Better than my old favorite caramel apple dip!
1. Beet Burgers-A new recipe, but quickly became a new favorite. I love, love, love these burgers!
Tim’s Top 5 Recipes of 2010
5. Peanut Butter Snowballs-He thought they had chocolate in them!
4. Sweet Chili Lime Tofu-He smiles whenever I tell him we’re having this for dinner.
3. Kale Chips-His favorite way to eat his greens!
2. Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with Apple Gruyere Panini-Elicits “Your best soup!” every time.
1. Vegan Chocolate Pie–He couldn’t tell it was a healthy dessert. That’s a good thing.
Meghan’s Top 5 (0r s0) Recipes of 2010
5. Spinach Cheese Bites-Everyone in the family loves these.
4. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal-She gobbles this up and asks for more every time I make it.
3. Banana Pumpkin Muffin-What’s not to love?
1. Smoothies-Each flavor could have taken up her top 5! But that wouldn’t be fun, so here’s her top 3 smoothie faves: 3. Mom’s Emergency Super Smoothie 2. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie 1. Meghan’s Favorite Smoothie
I know that 2011 is only going to bring more fun, healthy and delicious recipes and hope you’ll join me as I discover more ways to bring wholesome food to my table for my family on a daily basis.