Chickpeas are a staple around here. Whether we fry them with a little oil on the stovetop or roast them in the oven, we love turning them into crispy little snacks or a tasty side dish.
This is my latest flavoring that we all loved. Coconut oil is perfect for roasting because it withstands high temperatures better than most oils, not to mention all of the health benefits. I should do a post on those alone because there’s a long list! I’ve found that coconut oil gets the chickpeas crispier than other oils, too, which is a bonus.
Add some fresh lime juice and salt and you have a winning combination. These tasty little bites are super addicting. My favorite part is that everyone loves them, even Meghan. My second favorite part is that they are easy-peasy. My third favorite part is they are a healthy, real-food snack.
Okay, I’ll stop. I hope I’ve convinced you to give these a try.Print
Coconut-lime roasted chickpeas
A flavorful and healthy snack
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried well
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, lime juice, and salt. Add the chickpeas and toss to coat. Place the chickpeas on a baking sheet. Cook in the preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, until chickpeas are golden and crisp. Stir the chickpeas several times during the cooking time to ensure even roasting. Watch carefully so as not to burn as oven temperatures can vary. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 236mg
- Fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrates: 24.1g
- Protein: 7.2g
Keywords: healthy snack
If you haven’t entered to win a case of Ball jars yet, head on over to this post and leave a comment. You have until Monday when I’ll randomly choose a winner. Have a great weekend!