This Vegetable Pumpkin Curry Recipe is a wonderful vegan weeknight dinner idea that is fast and healthy!
If there’s one dinner idea I never get sick of, it’s anything with curry. Give me some vegetables and a curry-flavored sauce, and I’m in dinner heaven.
My husband, Tim, has never been a big curry fan. Isn’t it funny how that works? My favorite is one of my husband’s least faves. Womp womp.
HOWEVER. Lately, he’s been tolerating it more than usual. I think his taste preferences are expanding! I’m celebrating over here!
Another thing worth celebrating is how easy this Vegetable Pumpkin Curry recipe is. I’m sure we can all use more healthy 30 minute dinner recipes in our arsenal, no?
I added some pumpkin to the sauce because…why not? It adds some extra nutrition and acts as a natural thickener. Pumpkin is a excellent source of vitamin A and also a solid source of vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
You can serve this with rice, noodles, cauliflower rice, or in a bowl all by itself.
I actually took some step-by-step pictures to show you how easy this dinner is. Let me know if you like these types of photos. It’s tricky to get them, but I’m more than willing to do the extra work if it’s helpful for you to see the process, so please let me know what you think!
How to Make Vegetable Pumpkin Curry
Step 1: Sauté your vegetables.
Step 2: Whisk the sauce together and add it to your vegetables.
Step 3: Simmer the sauce to thicken for about 5 minutes.
That’s it! See? I told you it was easy. I hope you put this Vegetable Pumpkin Curry into your dinner rotation soon.Print
Vegetable Pumpkin Curry Recipe
A mixture of vegetables is sautéd and then topped with a pumpkin curry sauce–this is a healthy and easy weeknight dinner idea. Serve it with rice, noodles, or by itself!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower pieces, chopped
- 2 cups small pieces broccoli florets
For the Pumpkin Curry Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (I prefer full fat, but lite should be fine)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry powder*
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cabbage and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and season all the vegetables with a little salt and pepper. Continue to cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, coconut milk, curry powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the pan of vegetables and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 more minutes. Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or alone. Enjoy!
* I use a mild curry. If you use a spicy curry, you may want to adjust the amount you use based on your preferences.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 11.25 grams
- Fat: 16.5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 23 grams
- Fiber: 12.5 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
Would you like to save this recipe for later? Here’s an image to save to your Pinterest recipe board!