I’m not generally a stream of conscious kind of blogger. It must be the writer in me who thinks a published piece should be planned, revised, and edited before my readers get to see it. Eh. Sometimes you have to break the mold, jump out of your comfort zone, and go for it. Instead of radio silence, today I give you what motherhood is like today. #momlife
1. Meghan had a fire drill at school yesterday and woke up in the middle of the night, certain our house was going to have a fire. I laid in bed with her for two hours, desperately trying to calm her and give her reassurance that she was safe. Any advice for calming the fears of a sensitive child?
2. I don’t have a problem getting my kids to eat vegetables. I do have a problem getting them to eat a wide variety of vegetables. Maybe I should count my blessings that they will eat fresh vegetables, but it’s getting to me lately. My brainstorming cap is on.
3. Luke loves to be at home. He says things like, “I’m never going to go to school or church again.” I hope he outgrows this phase.
5. Yesterday Meghan told me, with a tear in her eye, “I’m the worst in my whole class at flash cards” and it broke my heart in two. It’s a good life lesson for her, though. We talked about how everyone has strengths and weaknesses and it’s okay to not be the best at everything, but if you want to be better, you can, you just need to practice a lot more.
6. Threenager is a real thing. Luke will turn four in December, and I hate to say it but I’m excited to have a four year old instead of a three year old. I remember three being just as hard with Meghan, but four was glorious. I hope four is glorious with Luke, too. By the way, for both of them, two was a walk in the park compared to three. No terrible twos over here.
7. Motherhood has got to be the hardest job out there. Yet, it’s the most rewarding. This love is incredible, no?