These Chocolate Cookie Pops taste like cookie dough covered in chocolate and are perfect for any special gathering!
I have a serious question for you.
Are you on Team Cookie or Team Cake?
Very serious business, right? You may have guessed, but I’m on Team Cookie. Don’t get me wrong. I love cake. But my heart has a special place for cookies. I would choose a good cookie over a piece of cake any day of the week. Especially cookies with chocolate involved.
Cake pops are great, but cookie pops are where it’s at. Turn a great cookie into a cookie pop with a soft center that tastes like cookie dough? You’ve got yourself a dessert that can’t be beat. These chocolate cookie pops are so so good. Like save-me-before-I-eat-seven-of-these good. Worth every last calorie/gram of sugar/whatever else you might be counting.
And just look at how fun and festive they are! I coated some of the chocolate cookie pops with regular chocolate and some with white chocolate and then added some crushed candy canes. I wanted to add red sprinkles, but couldn’t find any naturally colored red sprinkles, so candy canes it was. (I found naturally colored candy canes at Whole Foods; in the past I’ve seen them at Trader Joe’s as well.) It turned out to be a great addition. Chocolate+peppermint=great combo.
The base of these chocolate cookie pops is a chocolate chip cookie. Yes! One of my favorite flavors in the world. To make life easier, I started with Annie’s Organic Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. I was so happy to learn there were organic versions of baking mixes! I usually shy away from baking mixes, but Annie’s mixes don’t have the crazy ingredients you usually find in baking mixes. Annie’s baking mixes have:
- Unbleached Flour
- No Hydrogenated Oil
- No High-Fructose Corn Syrup
I am all for making my life easier when I can count on better ingredients, and Annie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix delivered on flavor! It’s great for just making the cookies, or coming up with your own creations like I did.
These Chocolate Cookie Pops are an amazing special treat for your holiday gatherings. If you’re going to do a full-sugar treat, you better make it a good one. This dessert delivers. My husband Tim (the biggest dessert lover on the planet) has already requested I make these for a Christmas Eve dessert. If you’re a chocolate lover, you’ll be so glad you made these!
- 1 package Annie's Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces (half of a package) cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup chocolate chips (all dark, all white, or halve it and do half and half)
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 5-8 candy canes, crushed, or toppings of your choosing (optional)
- 25 lollipop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the cookie mix, butter, egg, and water until a soft dough forms.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- Break the cookies into pieces and place them in a food processor and process with the cream cheese until it forms into a ball.
- Refrigerate this for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into balls, place on a baking sheet, and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate chips. You can use a double broiler, but I prefer to use the microwave. Start with 45 seconds, and then stir and microwave for an additional 15 seconds, as needed, until melted.
- Dip your lollipop stick into the melted chocolate, and then stick it into one of the balls. Then, dip the ball into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Sprinkle with candy canes or other toppings, if using. Place the cookie pop into a short glass or cake pop holder. Enjoy!
Would you like to win a year’s worth of Annie’s Homegrown baking products? You can enter the Great Bunny Bake Off! Put on your baking hats! Here’s what you have to do to enter:
- Follow @annieshomegrown on Instagram
- Create a new Instagram post sharing your most delicious baking recipe made with at least one Annie’s Organic Baking Product. (Like the one I am sharing with you today!)
- Tag @annieshomegrown, #bunnybakeoff and #contest in the main post caption
Thank you to Annie’s Homegrown for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.