This Honey Garlic Chicken can be made in the Instant Pot pressure cooker or slow cooker and has addictive flavor!
- 2–3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn starch
- Optional, for serving: sliced green onion
- Trim the fat from your chicken and set it aside.
- Put the tamari, honey, tomato paste, red curry paste, tomato paste, minced garlic, and vinegar into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and turn the chicken over until it’s completely coated with the sauce.
- SLOW COOKER instructions: Put the lid on the Instant Pot and press the slow cook button. Press the adjust button to change the setting to “high.” Adjust the time to 4 hours.
- PRESSURE COOKER instructions: Put the lid on the Instant Pot and press the manual button. Adjust the time to 7 minutes. When the timer beeps, use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- At the end of the cooking time, remove the chicken from the inner pot and place it in a bowl.
- Press the cancel button and then press sauté. Whisk in the arrowroot powder or corn starch and allow it to cook until it’s to your desired thickness. I am happy after a few minutes but if you want it thicker you can allow it to cook longer. Press the cancel button.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken, and then put it back into the inner pot. Stir and then serve with Ginger Jasmine Rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes-4 hours
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Asian
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 25 grams
- Fat: 7.9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 0.7 grams
- Protein: 39.4 grams
Keywords: Honey Garlic Chicken