This Ultimate Chopped Kale Chicken Salad is a great make-ahead lunch salad!
- avocado oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large bunch kale, deveined and chopped very finely
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, veins and seeds removed and chopped finely
- 2 broccoli crowns, chopped finely
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped finely
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of avocado oil.
- Sprinkle your chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook your chicken in the skillet, about 7 minutes per side, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Allow your chicken to cool before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic, and salt.
- Toss together all of the chopped vegetables.
- If you are eating the whole salad right away, toss the dressing with the greens and toss to coat. Season the greens with salt and pepper and top with sliced chicken.
- If you aren’t eating all of the salad right away, only dress the portion you are eating and reserve the remaining dressing in a separate container until you are ready to eat the salad.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: salad
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 4.1
- Sodium: 232.1
- Fat: 22.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.4
- Carbohydrates: 9.8
- Fiber: 3.1
- Protein: 36.7
- Cholesterol: 110.4