The Easiest Homemade Pretzels (No Yeast)
These Homemade Soft Pretzels are super easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and NO YEAST is needed!
- Author: Maryea Flaherty
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 pretzels 1x
- Category: bread recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water + 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- coarse salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- The the bowl of your stand mixture, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the yogurt to the bowl and use a spoon to mix them together until they form a crumbly dough.
- Use the paddle attachment of your mixer and knead the dough on medium speed until it becomes one ball and pulls away from the bowl.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball into a long rope. Shape them into pretzels.
- Bring 4 cups of water and the baking soda to a boil in a small saucepan. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat.
- Gently place the pretzels, one at a time, in the hot baking soda-water mixture for 30 seconds, and then place them on the baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with the egg and then sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 10-13 minutes.
- Non-fat or full-fat Greek yogurt may be used, but you cannot substitute regular (non-Greek) yogurt.
- Nutritional facts are based off of whole milk Greek Yogurt, because that is what I used. Stats will change slightly if you use fat-free Greek Yogurt.
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can knead the dough by hand. Use a floured surface and knead until the dough becomes tacky and is not sticky.
- Serving Size: 1 pretzel
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 4.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27.3 grams
- Fiber: 2.1 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
Keywords: homemade pretzel