This basic oatmeal recipe is easy to make on the stovetop and is naturally sweetened with banana!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- almond butter, for drizzling on top (optional)
- Place the oats, almond milk, water, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Thinly slice the banana into the pan and stir to combine.
- Heat the oats over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Allow it to simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Vigorously stir the oatmeal so the thinly sliced banana “melts” into the oats.
- Allow the oats to cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the blueberries, if using. Drizzle with a small amount of almond butter, if you prefer. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Oatmeal
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 14 grams (0 grams added)
- Fat: 3.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 56 grams
- Fiber: 14 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
Keywords: basic oatmeal recipe