Sweet Potato Tian
With butter, parmesan cheese, and fresh herbs, this Sweet Potato Tian will be a HIT on your holiday table!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, thinly sliced(about 3 medium/large sweet potatoes)*
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sliced sweet potatoes and melted butter. Add the salt and toss to coat.
- Use a medium-sized round or oval baking dish and line the sweet potato slices so they are close together and form a circular pattern. (see pictures)
- Pour any extra butter from the bowl on top of the sweet potato slices. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and then top with the grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the cheese is brown and the edges of the potatoes are getting crispy. Enjoy!
*I don’t peel my sweet potatoes for this recipe, but you can if you prefer.
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 6.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 4.5 grams
- Protein: 3.6 grams
Keywords: sweet potato tian