This Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Chicken makes an easy, healthy, satisfying meal.
- 1 small-medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and place it shell side up on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat your oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes. Season your chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet.
- Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and artichokes and sauté another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a large bowl. Scrape out the spaghetti squash strands and add them to the bowl with the chicken. Mix well and add the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Transfer this mixture back to the spaghetti squash shells on the baking sheet.
- Top each spaghetti squash with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until heated through and cheese is melted, using your oven’s broiler for the last two minutes to brown the cheese. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/2 of spaghetti squash
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 3.3 grams
- Fat: 17.9 grams
- Carbohydrates: 37.4 grams
- Protein: 22.3 grams