A delicious soup thats easy to make in the slow cooker!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 3–5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (turkey may be substituted)
- 2 small or 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 small or 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 32 ounces beef broth (chicken or vegetable broth may be substituted)
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrot and saute until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ground beef and saute until the beef is browned. If needed, drain the fat from the skillet. I find there to be very little, if any, fat to drain from grass-fed beef.
- Add the beef and vegetable mixture to the crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 7.5g
- Sodium: 794mg
- Fat: 3.3g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Protein: 15.8g
Keywords: slow cooker soup