- 3/4 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and white pepper)
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Allow the cooked quinoa to cool, and then put it in a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, almond butter, honey, and pumpkin pie spice to the cooked quinoa and combine well.
- Stir in the almonds, pepitas, and chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into balls (about 1 1/2 inches) and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow the balls to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Store the balls in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy! *Note: “cook time” is actually “chill time” in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 5.6g
- Sodium: 3.7mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.4mg