Use unsweetened almond milk, a natural liquid sweetener, unsweetened cocoa powder, and peppermint extract to make a healthier Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa!
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk, any kind of milk will do the job)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2–3 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey all work well)
- 1 drop peppermint extract
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and sweetener and stir until they are combined. Set aside.
- Put the milk in a small sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir in the chocolate mixture and heat until steaming. Add the drop of peppermint extract. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 cup