This is a one-pot dinner that comes together in about 30 minutes. This vegan, gluten-free meal is full of flavor and is immensely satisfying. It pairs perfectly with warm naan bread.
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 (15 1/2) ounce can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion with juices (I blended mine a little to avoid big tomato chunks that my family dislikes, but that is optional)
- 1 (15 1/2) can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- ~1 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups roughly chopped, deveined kale
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven or large high-sided skillet, combine the red lentils, tomatoes with their juices, coconut milk, water or broth, curry powder, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 18 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and kale and allow to cook another 3-5 minutes, until the kale is wilted and bright green.
- Stir in the lime and cilantro and serve. Enjoy!
- Canned coconut milk is what you need here. Lite is my preference, but full-fat works, too.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: main meal
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 610
- Sugar: 12.5g
- Sodium: 655mg
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 97.3g
- Protein: 32.8g
Keywords: coconut lentil curry