This easy-to-make Marinara Sauce with Chickpeas and Kale is perfect to top spaghetti squash, pasta, and so much more!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 leaves latticino kale, stems removed and chopped
- In a large skillet or stockpot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and let it cook another 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer, gently, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped kale and allow it to simmer until it wilts, a few minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 192
- Sugar: 4.6 grams
- Fat: 5.6 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29.2 grams
- Fiber: 8.5 grams
- Protein: 9.1 grams
Keywords: Marinara Sauce