This Maple Brussels Sprouts recipe is simple to make with just a few ingredients, but yields the most delicious results. Perfect for weeknights or holiday meals!
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts,
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Remove the tough ends from the Brussels sprouts and discard them. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. If you have especially large Brussels sprouts, I recommend cutting them in quarters.
- In a very large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the Brussels sprouts in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the Brussels sprouts until they are fork tender and turning golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the maple syrup over the Brussels sprouts and stir to evenly coat. Sauté the Brussels sprouts for an additional 2-3 minutes. The maple syrup with reduce into a thick glaze; make sure to stir to coat the Brussels sprouts.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
- Make sure you don’t overcrowd the Brussels sprouts in the pan. I use a 14.5″ skillet, so there is room for all the Brussels sprouts in a single layer. If your pan isn’t large enough, you can use two separate pans for this recipe or cut the recipe in half.
- Watch your heat to ensure the pan doesn’t get too hot. You want the Brussels sprouts to get crispy and golden brown on the outside while getting soft on the inside. If the pan gets too hot, they can get too brown too quickly, before the center gets soft. Adjust your temperature as needed.