Super Healthy Pumpkin Muffins-whole wheat and low sugar but totally delicious!
- 1 1/4 cup mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup organic sucanat or coconut sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tins and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash your bananas using a potato masher or a fork. You want it to be creamy, but a few lumps is okay. Measure so ensure you have 1 1/4 cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk your egg. Add banana, coconut oil, pumpkin, and maple syrup and stir until everything is combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all of your dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients and stir until there are no dry spots.
- Fill your muffin pan and bake for 25-27 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 regular sized muffin
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 24.1mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrates: 36.6g
- Protein: 4.1g
Keywords: healthy pumpkin muffins