With an easy to make, nutty crust, these Gluten-free and Dairy-free Pumpkin Pie Bars are healthy and delicious.
For the Crust
- 2 1/3 cups walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates (soaked first if they are especially hard/not moist)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats (for GF, make sure to get certified Gluten-free oats)
For the Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, prepare the crust. In a food processor, process the walnuts, dates, agave nectar, and vanilla until the walnuts and dates are well broken down and you have a sticky mixture. Add the rolled oats and pulse until they are incorporated.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and then press the mixture into the bottom. Use your fingers to make sure the pan crust is evenly distributed.
- Next, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, coconut milk, Sucanat, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix very well. Pour the mixture over the crust. Alternatively, I like to rinse out the food processor and mix the filling right in the food processor. No need to dirty another bowl, right?!
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, about 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool fully at room temperature before cutting into bars and serving. Enjoy!
I updated the crust recipe in 2020 to make a thicker crust with more flavor. It’s even better than the original!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 7.8g
- Sodium: 24.3mg
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5g
- Protein: 2.1g
Keywords: pumkin bars