This Healthy Avocado Chicken Salad is made with no mayo and is a flavorful, satisfying salad that is a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 cups chopped cooked chicken)
- handful of fresh parsley and a few sprigs fresh thyme, optional
- 1 1/2 avocados, mashed (1 cup mashed)
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- First, poach your chicken. Season the breasts with salt and pepper and place them in a medium pot. Cover them with water and add the handful of fresh parsley and thyme sprigs to the water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook until the chicken is firm to the touch and cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and allow to cool. Chop the chicken; you should have 2 cups chopped chicken.
- Put your chopped chicken in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Serve on bread, on top of greens, or in a wrap. Enjoy!
This is best the first day, but will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 206
- Sugar: 0.8 grams
- Fat: 8.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 grams
- Protein: 26.6 grams