These grain-free, vegan cookies are made with a surprising ingredient: chickpeas! No one will ever know they are eating a healthy cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1–15 ounce can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Semi-sweet mini chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and process until you have a smooth mixture.
- Remove the blade and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon full onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown on the outside.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 77
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Sodium: 18.9mg
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.5mg
Keywords: grain free cookies