This Mini Gingerbread Loaf Recipe makes 6 mini loaves that are perfect for gift giving during the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 6 cup mini loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the molasses, eggs and vanilla to the sugar/butter and mix well.
- Add the milk and sour cream and beat well.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the greased mini loaf tins.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing loaves to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Suggestions for Healthy Substitutes:
- Use 1/2 all-purpose flour and 1/2 whole wheat flour
- Substitute whole wheat pastry flour for all-purpose flour
- Use coconut sugar in place of brown sugar
- To make it dairy-free, use coconut oil in place of butter, non-dairy milk, and non-dairy yogurt in place of the sour cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 7.4 grams
- Fat: 5.1 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 16.1 grams
- Fiber: 0.4 grams
- Protein: 2.2 grams
Keywords: gingerbread loaf