Curried Tuna and Tomato Salad
Full of flavor and easy to prepare, this makes a healthy lunch!
- Author: Maryea Flaherty | Happy Healthy Mama
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: lunch recipes
- Method: chopping
- Cuisine: American
- 2 (5 ounce) cans wild caught tuna (I used this kind for this recipe)
- 1 cup diced apple (1 medium apple)
- 1/2 cup diced celery (from about 4 stalks)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I recommend this kind)
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 medium tomatoes
- Garnish with chopped cilantro*
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients until well combined. Place the tuna salad in the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the tomatoes.
- Cut the tops from the tomatoes and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- Invert the tomato shells to drain.
- Scoop the tuna mixture and stuff it inside the tomato shells. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve alone or over a bed of lettuce. Enjoy!
*I recommend chopped cilantro here, but parsley is pictured because the wrong thing was delivered on photo day!
Please note that links to products are affiliate links.
- Serving Size: 2 stuffed tomatoes
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 9.5 grams
- Fat: 22.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 grams
- Fiber: 4.6 grams
- Protein: 20.6 grams
Keywords: Curried Tuna Tomato Salad