5 simple ingredients is all you need to create this kid-approved, healthy snack. A perfect way to get an energy boost and satisfy that chocolate craving!
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener of choice like agave nectar or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a food processor, process the almonds until they are a fine crumb. Add the beans and process until they are well incorporated. Add the peanut butter, honey, and cocoa powder and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper if you prefer). These can be eaten right away, but I like to put them in the freezer for 10-20 minutes to help them firm up a bit first.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes in freezer
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 76
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 26.1mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: energy bites