Chewy and flavorful, these homemade granola bars will make you never want to buy the store bought kind again!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (I prefer Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or Lily’sone !important;margin: 0px !important” src=”http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=hapheamam-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000HDJZWO” alt=”” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ />)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the dates and almonds until they are broken down. (You can also do this by hand, but it’s much easier to use the food processor.)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Add an additional layer of parchment paper to the top of the mixture and press it down well. Using a large can or jar works well.
- Remove the top layer of parchment paper (but save it) and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Add the parchment paper back to the top and again press the mixture into the pan, optional. This helps the bars stick together well.*
- Refrigerate and allow to cool before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
*Because it squishes the bars and makes them less appealing, I tried them without this step for the updated photographs. They didn’t fall apart. Just make sure you let them cool completely before cutting.
**Links to products are affiliate links.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 21 grams
- Protein: 6 grams