This Butternut Squash Black Bean Enchilada recipe is a healthy, 25 minute, vegetarian dinner the whole family will love.
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can butternut squash *
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce *, divided
- 8 tortillas (I like these low-carb tortillas from Tortilla Factory *)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the chopped onion and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add the butternut squash, black beans, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Spread 1/4 of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Scoop about 1/3 of a cup of the butternut squash filling into the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place it seam-side down in the dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in the 400 degree oven until everything is hot and the cheese it melted, about 10 minutes. Top with cilantro, if using. Enjoy!
*Links to products are affiliate links. Thank you for supporting Happy Healthy Mama!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 enchilada
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 36 grams
- Fiber: 16 grams
- Protein: 14.5 grams