With vegetables, ground turkey, and eggs, these breakfast burritos make a convenient, healthy breakfast!
- 2 teaspoons butter or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat the butter or oil over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook about 7 minutes.
- While the ground turkey is cooking, crack the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper and whisk well.
- Drain any excess liquid or fat from the turkey mixture. Turn the heat to low and add the eggs.
- Use a spatula to keep the eggs moving. When they are almost set, turn off the heat.
- Stir in the crumbled goat cheese and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- To assemble the burritos, add some of the egg mixture and top it with some of the shredded cheese. Fold up two sides and then roll in the opposite direction.
- Wrap each burrito tightly with aluminum foil. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months.
- Burritos can be reheated from frozen, no need to thaw.
- To reheat in the microwave, microwave at full power for 4 minutes, turn over, and then microwave an additional 4-5 minutes.
- To reheat in the oven, cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 1.5 grams
- Fat: 17.2 grams
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 grams
- Fiber: 0.8 grams
- Protein: 23.6 grams
Keywords: breakfast burritos