- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, regular or dark
- 2/3 cup sucunat or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, not melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two mini-muffin pans and set them aside.
- Place all ingredients, except the unmelted chocolate chips, into a blender or food processor and blend or process until the mixture is well-blended and the beans and oats are totally broken down.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup unmelted chocolate chips to the batter.
- Spoon the batter by the heaping tablespoon to the mini muffin pans.
- Bake until the tops are set and a toothpick stuck in the center of a brownie bite comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 10.2g
- Sodium: 27.2mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9g
- Protein: 1.8g