Marinated with Greek-inspired flavors, this easy recipe is really the BEST Grilled Chicken!
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of choice
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks and thighs
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh lemon
- Whisk together the fresh lemon juice, avocado oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and toss well to coat.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours, but up to 12 hours.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the hot grill and immediately turn the temperature down to medium. Cover the grill and cook until the chicken is fully cooked, flipping once. It should register 165F on an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the meat not touching a bone. For bone-in chicken legs and thighs, this usually takes about 10 minutes per side over medium heat with the grill closed.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with any garnishes you like.
If you don’t have a grill, you can cook this chicken in the oven. To do so, preheat the oven to 425F. Line a large baking tray with foil. Arrange the chicken on the tray. Bake until the chicken is fully cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165F, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: recipes
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 503
- Sugar: 0.3 grams
- Fat: 21.9 grams
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 0.3 grams
- Protein: 70 grams
Keywords: best grilled chicken recipe