This Beetroot Hummus recipe is vibrant and delicious! The beetroot gives it an earthy flavor, which is balanced by the bright citrus flavors, garlic, and tahini.
- 1 small to medium cooked beet, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- zest from 1 large lemon
- juice from 1/2 large lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beetroot hummus to a bowl and chill* before serving.
- Serve with vegetables or crackers. May also be used as a spread for sandwiches.
- Optional: drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sesame seeds, and dried Zahtar seasoning blend.
*When using warm beets, it’s best to chill before serving. If your beets are cold, this step may not be necessary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 0.8 g.
- Sodium: 237.8 mg.
- Fat: 6.6 g.
- Carbohydrates: 9.9 g.
- Fiber: 3 g.
- Protein: 3.6 g.
- Cholesterol: 0 mg.
Keywords: beetroot hummus