Easy and delicious, this Italian Baked Chicken Breast Recipe will become a family -favorite recipe that you’ll love as a weeknight dinner!
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thinness
- 1 tablespoon oil (avocado oil suggested) or melted butter
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic salt, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the pounded chicken breasts on a rimmed baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bruch the four breasts with oil on both sides.
- Rub the seasoning blend all over the breasts on both sides.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the sheet from the oven, and top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Turn on your oven’s broiler and place the sheet back in the oven. Broil for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 breast
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 2.9 grams
- Fat: 4.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 grams
- Fiber: 0.7 grams
- Protein: 37.7 grams
Keywords: Baked chicken breast