Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are well seasoned and stuffed with asparagus and cheese. It’s a restaurant-quality dinner that’s actually quick and easy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied*
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 4 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning blend, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with the seasoning blend. Place the asparagus and cheese on one side of the chicken breast, and fold the other side over it. Secure it with toothpicks.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet (I like to use a cast iron skillet) heat the oil over medium high heat. Place the chicken in the pan and sear it until it is browned on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and continue to cook the chicken until it is cooked throughly and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Pro Tip: (And by pro, I mean pro busy mom who likes to make life as easy as possible) You can purchase chicken breasts that have already been butterflied. If you can’t find them, ask the butcher to do it for you! If you find yourself needing to do it yourself, here are instructions:
To butterfly your chicken breast, first, start with a sharp knife. This is key. Place your hand on top of the chicken breast, slice horizontally into the chicken, dividing it half. Stop about a half-inch from the opposite side, being careful not to cut all the way through. When finished, you should be able to open up the chicken like a book so it lies flat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 1 g.
- Sodium: 648.4 mg.
- Fat: 16.6 g.
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g.
- Fiber: 1.5 g.
- Protein: 15.2 g.
- Cholesterol: 46.7 mg.
Keywords: asparagus stuffed chicken breast