These Zucchini Oatmeal Snack Bars with Chocolate Chips are easy to whip up in one bowl and are full of nourishing ingredients!
- 4 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or summer squash
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2–3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and use a spatula or the back of a wooden spoon to press it down into the pan very well.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. These keep best in the refrigerator.
I prefer to use the grater attachment for my food processor to get shredded zucchini. A hand grater works fine as well.
I love freshly grated nutmeg because I love the flavor it lends. If you are pressed for time, skip it and use regular ground nutmeg.
I prefer coconut oil and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I have also used avocado oil and it works well. Other milks should work fine, also.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 30 grams
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4