A delicious way to get some extra veggies into your diet, these Vegan Zucchini Muffins are a healthy treat.
- 2 cups flour*
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Add the oil, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is just combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the zucchini just until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Scoop 1/3 of the batter into each prepared cup. Bake the muffins on the center rack for 18-22 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees after 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins stand in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-5 days.
*I have tested whole wheat pastry flour and a 1-to-1 GF flour blend with these. Both work well.
Recipe adapted from babycakes by Erin McKenna
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 17.4g
- Sodium: 49.6g
- Fat: 13.1g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Protein: 4.75g
Keywords: vegan zucchini muffins