Tropical Breakfast Quinoa Recipe
This Tropical Breakfast Quinoa is a creamy breakfast porridge with flavors that will transport you to a tropical island!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup diced mango
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut chips
- In a small pan, combine the quinoa, lite coconut milk, and thinly sliced banana.
- Bring to a boil. Stir, then reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer until the quinoa is cooked and the texture becomes creamy, 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally during the cooking time. The banana will “melt” into the quinoa during the cooking time and the stirring will help this.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut chips in a small dry skillet. Heat on medium heat a few minutes until the chips are golden brown.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to two bowls and top with the mango and coconut chips.
Nutritional information is based on 2 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 532
- Sugar: 23
- Fat: 28
- Carbohydrates: 60
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 12