A tasty veggie snack
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Get three small bowls and set up your station: In one bowl, beat your egg. In another bowl, add the flour. In the third bowl, mix the bread crumbs and cheese.
- First, dip a coin in the egg and turn it to coat it on all sides. Then, coat it with flour. Follow this by another dip in the egg bowl, and finish with a coating of the bread/cheese mixture. Place on the tray and continue until you have all your coins coated. It’s helpful to have a paper towel nearby as your hands will get sticky.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 578mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Protein: 16.5g
Keywords: healthy vegetable snacks