Use this healthy chicken marinade to create a number of healthy weeknight dinners! It’s easy and delicious.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest from 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons Worsherire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Simply combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl or jar, and mix well.
- Transfer the marinade to a large resealable bag and then add the chicken. Seal the bag, pressing down on the bag to remove any air, and make sure the chicken is well coated in the marinade.If you prefer to not use plastic (I understand–this is the one time I do!) you can also use a glass container to marinate the raw chicken.
- Allow the chicken to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes at room temperature. Can be marinated up to one hour in the fridge, but pull it out to get the chill off of the chicken for 15-30 minutes before cooking.
- Discard the marinade and cook the marinated chicken using your desired method, either grilling, baking, air frying, or pan frying until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. The cooking time will depend on the method used.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: dinner recipes
- Method: marinating
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 0.1 grams
- Fat: 15.3 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 grams
- Fiber: 0.2 grams
- Protein: 51.2 grams
Keywords: healthy chicken marinade