This Crockpot Vegan Chili is made is full of nutrition and flavor. Healthy never tasted so delicious!
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 yellow onion, medium diced
- 1–2 carrots, medium diced
- 2 celery stalks, medium diced
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, medium diced (peeling optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds for less spicy flavor, omit completely for mild chili)
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder (use 1 tsp for a more mild flavor)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: avocado, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeno peppers
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Season the onion, carrots, and celery with salt and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, sweet potato, jalepeno, garlic, and spices and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (black beans through tomato paste) and stir to combine.
- Cook the chili in the slow cooker 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with optional toppings. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Crock-Pot
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 224.5mg
- Fat: 4.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Protein: 8.4g