This is the healthiest recipe for a delicious side dish. Steamed Broccoli never tasted so good!
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 6 cups chopped florets)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Start by chopping your head of broccoli into florets. Add them to a medium bowl.
- Add the seasonings, the lemon juice, and the olive oil and stir to combine.
- Add the seasoned broccoli to a steamer basket.
- Add the water to the inner pot, and put the trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place the steamer basket on top of the trivet. Make sure the pressure valve is set to the sealing position.
- Press the manual button (for high pressure) and set the Instant Pot timer for zero minutes. I prefer to use this setting and got better results than using the steam function. The broccoli cooks quickly, so zero minutes is all that’s needed for tender broccoli.
- Once the timer beeps, turn the steam valve to release the pressure. (quick pressure release)
- Remove the pressure cooker lid and carefully remove the steamer basket using an oven mitt, and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: side dish recipes
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 1.6 grams
- Fat: 2.7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 6.3 grams
- Fiber: 2.4 grams
- Protein: 2.6 grams
Keywords: Steamed Broccoli Instant Pot