This quick and easy chicken breast recipe is delicious and healthy! Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are pounded thin, and then rolled up with a layer of herbs, creamy goat cheese, and spinach. A family favorite!
4 (~6 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Dry and trim the chicken breasts of any fat. Using a meat mallet, pound each chicken breast until it is evenly thin.*
- Place the chicken breasts on the prepared baking sheet and season both sides well with salt and pepper. Then, sprinkle the top side with the basil and oregano. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of the crumbled goat cheese to each chicken breast. Finally, add about 1/4 cup of the spinach to the top.
- Next, roll up the chicken breast, jelly roll style, and place it seam-side down. (If it’s not big enough to lay flat with the seam on the bottom, it’s okay if it’s more on the side. See photos above.)
- Bake the chicken in the preheated oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The time will depend on how thinly you pounded the breasts, between 18-25 minutes. Allow to rest for five minutes before serving. Enjoy!
*I have been using these re-usable silicone food storage bags for this task. I pop them right into the dishwasher afterwards and my chicken doesn’t have to touch plastic wrap.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 246 calories
- Fat: 4.7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 grams
- Protein: 40 grams