Adapted from Vegan Yum Yum
- 1 cup brown rice
- Tahini Lemon Sauce (recipe below)
- Coconut oil for sauteing
- 1/2 bunch kale, deveined and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or one 15.5 ounce can, rinsed and drained
Tahini Lemon Sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice from 1 large lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I use regular rather than vegan varieties since I’m not a vegan and don’t necessarily need my meals to be completely animal-free)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start cooking the rice according to the package directions or however you normally cook your rice.
- Make your sauce. Simply whisk all the ingredients together (see my lovely ingredients picture above?) in a bowl and set aside.
- Once your rice is getting close to being done, start the next step.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a saute pan and add the kale. Once the kale starts to wilt, add the beans and heat through.
- Stir in the sauce and turn off the heat. Cover until the rice is finished. Once the rice is finished cooking, add it to the pan and toss to coat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main meal
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 507
- Sugar: 4.75g
- Sodium: 137mg
- Fat: 35g
- Carbohydrates: 34.7g
- Protein: 15.5g
Keywords: easy dinner recipe