A bar to satisfy my coconut chocolate craving without being nutritionally void.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almonds+12 more for individual bars
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- In a blender or food processor, process the dates, almonds, and cocoa powder until they form a ball. It’s okay if there are some specks of almonds that aren’t totally incorporated. Transfer to a small bowl and add 1/4 cup of the coconut. Use your hands to mix it in.
- You’ll need to knead it and fold it until it blends in. Add the rest of the coconut and do the same thing until it is totally mixed in.
- On a piece of wax paper, use your hands to flatten the mixture into a rectangle.
- Next, use a knife to cut it into four equal pieces.
- Add three almonds to the top of each individual rectangle.
- Fold the mixture on top of the almonds and press it so it is closed. Use a knife to cut into 12 individual bars, pressing the seams closed with your fingers if necessary.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 9.75g
- Sodium: 7.1g
- Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: healthy snack