This Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oatmeal is a filing, healthy, and comforting breakfast!
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix, just plain pumpkin)
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice mix*
- Put all ingredients in a large pot and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and simmer, stirring frequently, until the oats are cooked and the oatmeal is thickened, 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with optional toppings: milk, walnuts, dried cranberries, or white chocolate chips
*If you don’t have a pumpkin pie spice mix, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon allspice, and ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 315