Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars–these quick and easy breakfast bars will please the PB&J lover in your life! Dairy free, gluten free, almost vegan, no refined sugar
for the jelly
- 1 cup grapes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1–4 tablespoons honey*, to taste
for the base and topping
- 3 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, prepare the jelly/jam. Place the grapes, chia seeds, and honey in blender and blend until smooth. The amount of honey you use will depend on how sweet you prefer your jam. Start with a tablespoon, taste, and go from there. Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour. I let mine set overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of the oats and process them in a blender or food processor until they are a fine crumb. Transfer them to a large bowl. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups oats, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and salt and mix well. The mixture will be dry. Press a little more than half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Use your hands or a spatula to spread it evenly into the bottom of the pan and press it down firmly. If you are using your hands and the mixture is sticking to you too much, wet your hands slightly and it will be easier to press the mixture down. Spread the grape jelly over the top of the bottom layer. Use the rest of the oats mixture as your topping. Crumble it evenly over the top of the jelly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is lightly brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting into squares. They hold together better if you let them cool completely. Enjoy!
*Substitute agave nectar or maple syrup to make this vegan.
Recipe adapted from my Vegan Blueberry Oat Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Sodium: 94.5mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Carbohydrates: 28.6g
- Protein: 5.9g
Keywords: peanut butter and jelly