Just 15 minutes prep time and some simple pantry ingredients is all you need to make these delicious oat bars!
- 1 cup almond butter, divided
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine 1/2 cup almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Add the oats, salt, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook the raw oats, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine the remaining 1/2 cup almond butter with the chocolate chips. Stir constantly to melt chocolate chips with the almond butter. This should take only about a minute or so. Remove from heat when you only see a few signs of chocolate chips left, keep stirring until you have a smooth mixture.
- Line an 8X8 inch square pan with parchment paper that’s been cut so that two sides fit inside the baking pan and two sides overhang the edges.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the 8 inch pan, and use the portion of parchment paper you cut to press the mixture firmly into the pan.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the first layer, and use a spatula to evenly smooth it out. Optional: reserve a small amount for a chocolate drizzle on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the chocolate layer and gently press it into the chocolate with your hands.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or the freezer for 1-2 hours for the bars to firm.
- Pull on the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan and cut into 16 bars. They may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert recipes
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 207
- Sugar: 6.7 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 grams
- Fiber: 5.4 grams
- Protein: 5.7 grams
Keywords: No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars